Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sit, Andy. Sit.

I sat. For two days. For most who know me, the act of sitting and doing nothing for longer than three minutes is an accomplishment. I'm naturally restless, quickly bored, surely could qualify for attention deficit drugs, always moving.

The long holiday weekend afforded me the opportunity to relax at a friend's cabin and it was one of the best things I've done in a long time. My days went like this:
1) Crack a beer
2) Sit
3) Play Frisbee
4) Sit
5) Swim
6) Crack a beer
7) Shoot Roman candles at whomever was swimming in the pond
8) Sit
9) Repeat

I've been much more at peace lately. Life is balancing out. I think I'm finding my chi or Zen or my fung and shui or whatever you want to call it. The sitting time furthered that feeling. Like icing on the cake.

In the spirit of calm, check out these albums.

Brookville - Life in the Shade: I downloaded this Friday and have enjoyed the album continuously. You'll dig Brookville if you like The Postal Service, Zero 7, The Album Leaf.
Micah P. Hinson - The Baby and the Satellite (EP): Featured yesterday on NPR's Song of the Day. Great writing, unique sound.

Listening to: Interpol, Antics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home