Friday, June 16, 2006

Music for the weekend

I've had a wonderful Friday. Had breakfast at the coffee shop this morning. A coworker gave me a bike rack for my car (ends the frustrating routine of me twisting my fat tires into the Jetta). Just won a new piece of business with an exciting brand. Had lunch with a good friend.

I'm headed out in a bit for a reunion of sorts - the good kind. And although the weather is supposed to be horrible this weekend, I'm going into Lawrence tomorrow to hit the bike trails and visit former watering holes with some friends.

So, new music recommendations - download and enjoy this weekend.

Aidan Hawken - Pillows and Records - darn good mellow tunes, great songwriting.
Alexi Murdoch - Time Without Consequence - I've been waiting for this album since I played his "Four Songs" EP non-stop during a business trip last year. Go ahead and calculate that...four songs, for about four days straight. Worth the wait and more.
Jack's Mannequin - Everything in Transit - This is very, very "Poppy" for me. I'm almost scared to recommend it...but it's pretty fun to listen to. I guess it would be a good soundtrack to my college-town escapades tomorrow night, as I feel like I'm back in my fraternity days every time I listen to the album.
The Stills - Without Feathers - They'll be playing with Rogue Wave in Lawrence next Tuesday, very excited. Nice upbeat album, without the O.C.-ish pop of Jack's Mannequin.

Have a great weekend, all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you have a funky new picture on you blog...very hip. :) Although I don't have a clue who you're talking about when you post about music, it's interesting. Buzz me when you're in Larryville, and I'll buy you a drink at one of those watering holes.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home