Thursday, December 14, 2006

Well said, sir.

I got downright excited about the state of corporate communication when i read my AdAge update just now, on GSD&M's refusal to re-enter the Wal-Mart review. GSD&M Co-Founder and President Roy Spence wrote: "I want to thank Wal-Mart for inviting us to re-pitch the business. I have decided to decline. We helped build Wal-Mart from $11 billion in sales to $312 billion. We declare victory. We will do everything to make the transition perfect. We wish our great friends well. And we are moving on."

Excellent statement. It nails the elements of a quality response and positions his company favorably:
He states the issue (I want to thank Wal-Mart for inviting us to re-pitch the business.) and his position (I have decided to decline.), finds a place to showcase his brand (We helped build Wal-Mart from $11 billion in sales to $312 billion. We declare victory. We will do everything to make the transition perfect.) and wraps the sucker up in a helluva bow: "And we are moving on."

Listening to - Joe Purdy, Paris in the Morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home