Thursday, December 28, 2006

An exciting change, and a new bike

2007 will start with an exciting change in my world. I will join Sullivan Higdon & Sink next week as a brand strategist. I've long admired the creative minds and culture SHS is known for, and am excited to jump into the action.

Oftentimes the best opportunities evade the convenience of timing, and though the time at my current post has been brief, I made the decision with confidence and excitement. I get to work with wonderful brands, a group of talented co-workers, inspiring bloggers/podcasters - all within my favorite part of Kansas City, the Crossroads Art District.

On another exciting note, here's my new toy.
I rode this bad boy to work today, soaking up another freakishly mild December day. I always debate days like this, as I enjoy the opportunity to be outside - in December - but lament the climate change. Maybe by riding to work, I can feel a little more balanced within the debate.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andy. I'm a big fan (and friend) of JJ, and I think you'll really enjoy the environment and the thinkers there. It will be good to have you as a neighbor again, too.

And nice bike. Although that seat looks a little hard. Ouch.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Esue said...

Congrats on the new job Andy!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to SHS, Andy. Look forward to having you here.
If you feel the need to discuss anything NPR or The Onion, just spin around and let's go.

2:34 PM  
Blogger KFad said...

Congratulations Andy. It looks like we both joined the SHS team at the same time but different locations.

By the way, the new Cannondale looks fast. How does it ride?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Andy Woolard said...

Thanks Kevin.
The bike rides very stiff, which I liked more than the looser feel of the Specialized and Trek bikes I tested. Solid aluminum frame/carbon fork provide great shock absorpsion (which helps mitigate the pain in the rear, Jeff). I'm still getting used to the switch from fat tires.

6:01 PM  
Blogger KFad said...

Yeah, like my bike to be stiff. It wastes less energy and helps me get up those big hills. You'll learn to embrace the skinny tires - just watch out for road rash.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home