Friday, October 05, 2007

the wind...er...humid city


heading to chicago today for the marathon. this one should be a little different than last year in that we won't be freezing our cheese, but instead sweating our cheese. 85 and humid is the outlook for race day. we have a reservation for 18 on saturday night to carb up. pretty cool. our group includes the usual suspects from my running group, a few former coworkers, some significant others, moms, maybe a pet or two. should be fun.

i am looking forward to not bundling up for this. i'd rather be hot than cold when running, plus i theoretically shed the drag that i had last year with three layers and a Tyvex jacked. certainly made packing easier this morning. i'll be popping electrolyte pills throughout, which should keep me nice and balanced so i don't have to drink all the Endurance in the known universe (pictures, which are very cool, were found at http://dogsandjen.org/running/chicago06/).


i'll post more after the race. if you're running, best of luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Garrett Sorrels said...

Goold luck buddy. You'll have to tell me how it goes.

I think I'm going to slap this on my goals for 2008. I really want to do this.

10:01 AM  
Blogger KFad said...

Good luck, Andy.

Put a hex on the Cubs while you're up there.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home