Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Napkin Fiction Project




god bless esquire for giving the short-attention spanned, like me, a wonderful feature. The Napkin Fiction Project is esquire's (always great fiction featured) latest storytelling project. the magazine sent cocktail napkins to a bunch of authors and asked them to send a story in return - on the napkin.

the stories are, understandably, brief. but they are, in their brevity, brilliant. and again, my attention span is loving the bursts of inspiration.

check them out for a break in your day, or to re-start your creative thoughts.

listening to - jose gonzales, veneer

1 Comments:

Blogger Bruno said...

Esquire really can't go wrong, and after perusing the list I, 1) thanked you for the link and, 2) wish I knew more of those authors.

It made me think of a bookmark I recently unearthed from an old list, a site called Espresso Stories (http://espressostories.com/). They're stories in 25 words or less. Impossible? Some of them are funny, some of them are deep (especially for the length they need to be), a lot of them are awesome either way. I'd start by reading the Top 100, and then perusing some of Clayton Claymore's (himself an ad man). Hope you enjoy it.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home