Monday, July 17, 2006

Social Media Club

I'm not sure what the initiation rites are, but I'm willing to take 'em like a new media man. Check out the Social Media Club. Jeff Risley pointed me toward this great group, which is all about "sharing best practices, establishing ethics and standards, and promoting media literacy around the emerging area of Social Media. This is the beginning of a global conversation about building an organization and a community where the many diverse groups of people who care about social media can come together to discover, connect, share, and learn."

I contacted SMC point man Chris Heuer today and am excited to learn more about and get involved in this organization. The more people the merrier.

Additional reading, via Risley's post:
Tom Foremski on the death of the press release. My note: how many lives are we gonna give that damn thing? I do like Tom's take on this often-debated subject because he provides answers - suggestions for PR folks who distribute info to the media. Kudos for going light on the complaints and heavy on the content.
The social media press release template. My note: this is blowing my mind.

I need to keep digging through this. While you're reading, play the following tunes:

Priscilla Ahn. An incredible voice. She also sings with Joshua Radin. I think I've said, "Who is that girl?" about a hundred times, and now I know.
Full concert video of Josh Ritter in Amsterdam. He could make it to Amsterdam, but not Lawrence?
Boards of Canada. My friend Sara - who just reserved the tatami room at Kamehachi for the requisite Chicago sushi dinner, thank you very much - recommended them. Lovin' the groove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home