Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Two things everyone needs

1) A best friend. I just had a long e-mail conversation that followed a long phone conversation, with my best friend. And I got to thinking how lucky I am to have this guy in my life.

This is my go-to guy. This is the guy who drops everything when I need something. He's the kind of guy who will listen at all hours of the day and night or come by for a beer just because he hears my tone of voice. He simultaneously takes my side and dares me to think differently.

Selfless. Appreciative. Knowing. Everyone needs a best friend and far too few have someone to sit in the trench with. I'm thankful.

2) Sanctuary. I have many "sanctuaries." Everywhere from my church to the Colorado Rockies. Today I spent my lunch hour at my church to partake in its Wednesday prayer hour. It was a wonderful time for me to reflect.

Best friend. Sanctuary. These things make life better.

And an update...the new gig is going great. I have a door, and I'm slowly connecting the cables to the tools that allow me to interact with the world. In the meantime, I'm filing, arranging desk accessories and working on some exciting stuff./

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

You have an office? You're big time now, babe.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home