Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Me on a wall

I just finished mounting and cutting the price placards and artist's statement for my first gallery show, which opens this Friday. I've painted (acrylic on wood) for years, and in the past six months or so began to get more serious about showing my work. I even included "show my paintings" on my 26th-year-on-earth to-do list. On Friday, at the Grand Gallery (1815 Grand) in the Crossroads Arts District, that goal will become a reality.

I'm equal parts excited and nervous. Excited that I have the opportunity to show my work, work that is very personal and important to me. Nervous that I have the opportunity to show my work, work that is very personal and important to me. Though both sides of my stomach are fighting one and other, my gut (the more spiritual part of one's stomach) is pretty chill. Risks such as these - these gut decisions - end up being exactly what you hoped they'd be...or so I hope.

William James said: Seize the very first opportunity to act on every resolution you make, and on every emotional prompting you may experience in the direction of the habits you aspire to gain.

I did that, and I'm looking forward to the outcome. Photos of the opening coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home