Friday, December 16, 2005

Running to the beat of my own iPod

As part of my current marathon training, I have 6-8 mile mid-week runs. They are hard to fit into my schedule. Many days, running 8 miles after a long day at work is the last thing I want to do. However, my new iPod is making these runs much easier. Last night I set out for a quick 4 miler before meeting friends for drinks. A stressful day and mixture of mind-clutter caused me to pull a Forest Gump and I just kept “going and going” with the help of the below mixes.


6 Mile Mix

Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
The Seed – The Roots
Do You Realize?? – The Flaming Lips
Rocket Man – Elton John
Soul Meets Body – Death Cab for Cutie
Two Step (live) – Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
Speed of Sound – Coldplay
Son’s Gonna Rise – Citizen Cope
Burning In the Sun – Blue Merle
Wasted and Ready – Ben Kweller
So What’cha Want – Beastie Boys
The Old Apartment – Barenaked Ladies
Down - 311



8 Mile Mix

Caring is Creepy – The Shins (This could qualify as the best song intro of all time – the scene in Garden State when Zack Braff removes the cover from his grandfather’s motorcycle. Works equally as well in starting a run/day/pot of coffee.)
Break You Off – The Roots
Tonight, Tonight – Smashing Pumpkins
They – Jem
Seven Nation Army – White Stripes
Frontier – Yoshida Kyodai
One Headlight – The Wallflowers
Worn Me Down – Rachael Yamagata
Come Back Home – Pete Yorn
Float On – Modest Mouse
King Without a Crown – Matisyahu
Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
Gold Digger – Kanye West
Run – Snow Patrol


Speaking of my iPod, I just purchased these overlays. After spending approximately a 10 hours attempting to apply them, my iPod now is protected from the dreaded scratches. If you have patience, time to kill and a steady hand, buy these. If not, just deal with the scratches because it’s not worth the ass-pain these overlays cause.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got good taste in music :)..

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home