Monday, November 07, 2005

10 buck drum machine and some Shiraz

I bought a keyboard at Target this weekend. Why? Not because I know how to play the piano, but because the little plastic wonder had a drum machine function. It cost me 10 buckaroos, and tonight I would have paid $100 after the fun it incited.

I play the guitar. Mostly mellow stuff: Wilco, Willie, R.E.M. and the occasional try at Journey. But tonight, I was a one-man band with my new mini-keyboard. I turned "You Were Always On My Mind" into a pretty sweet hip-hop tune. I played the first song I learned on the guitar (R.E.M.'s Country Feedback - check out the audio sample) against a samba beat.

Best $10 I've spent in a long, long time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to turn into Ross on Friends with his Casio :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Caroline Lerro said...

that's what i was talking about...

7:50 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

"Country Feedback"

Wow.

I have a tape around here somewhere with that on it circa 1995.

Bring your drum machine. I'll get you a gig in Chicago.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

April beat me to the Ross crack...

9:49 AM  
Blogger David said...

Andy, can I start a band with you that covers only Hall & Oates tunes? I mean, those guys were so NOT gay that I think we could pull it off.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home