Saturday, January 12, 2008

saturday tunes

i've had a super-productive saturday morning. as most mornings go, it began with the Monk-dog burying his head under the covers, then jolting it upwards to jar me awake. may have been that i just felt under the weather this week (or that it's now saturday), but I bounded out of bed and took him into the backyard to drink some coffee (me) and partake in some squirrel intimidation (him).

filled some interwoven threads orders (preparing shipping packages gives me an insane amount of joy) while listening to the new Radiohead album (for the love of God, this is a great effort). i especially love the model Radiohead experimented with, in offering the album for any price the consumer wanted to pay. not only did that reap great pr and sales, it only encouraged folks to buy the album in box-form when it became available in the real world. it's currently numero uno on the Billboard chart. victory! here's the band's special NYE video, Scotch Mist. amazing....



just downloaded the new album from Coconut Records - actor Jason Schwartzman's one-man (with help) band. it's stellar. great weekend music. it's amazingly ADD in its sound, moving from mellow and melancholy folk (think Ben Kweller) to funky dork (think Weezer). i'm loving it. it's a nice surprise to find an actor making quality music. i got impatient and bought the album from iTunes, however, if you buy it from Coconut Records, Schwartzman throws in a Polaroid Pic for your extra consumer effort. check the below video for one of my instant favorites from the album:



here's what i'm not going to do this weekend. too cold to jump on the trails. i think part of the cold i battled last week was from inhaling too much mud last saturday.


instead, i'm headed to ibex to climb with a friend (her first time bouldering!). should be fun.

have an invigorating weekend.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! Mind if I ask how you found my blog? I'm always interested when I get comments from beyond my family and friends. Cheers, A

3:53 PM  
Blogger Olivier Blanchard said...

Oh wow. My MTB got trashed in similar fashion a few years ago during an epic adventure race.

My rear brake had actually picked up a healthy chunk from an ant hill somewhere along the incredibly muddy course. I couldn't figure out how I had so many fire ants biting me in the last few miles of the race. I figured it out when I hosed the thing down.

Your steed needs some TLC.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home