Thursday, January 17, 2008

design inspiration

i've been del.icio.us-ing a lot this week, after finding some great inspiration throughout the interweb, both for Interwoven Threads and for my ad job.
here's what's inspiring me.


Nike Considered, by Jeff Staple. Nike's beautiful eco-friendly new line...plus a new air jordan!



Information Aesthetics. Data visualization


Scrapture. Japanese style/fashion site with great (non-Harajuku, thankfully) images of street style.



Five to Nine Magazine. not only does this mag feature a lot of us who get our creative on between the hours of 5 to 9 (brilliant name), but is available for free PDF download. a growing trend, which I love.




The Sky Is Falling, by the Ecospot Grand Prize winner, animation artist Dave Schlafman.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

The Japanese street styles are rad. Especially the girl in the orange jacket. Rock star.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Andy Woolard said...

i think that's a dude, or a "hito" in Nihongo.

you need to get yourself photographed in SK, speaking of rock stars. the street styles are unfortunately void of "Do Not Shovel" socks.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Haha. Oops. I saw long hair. That's what I get for assuming.

I think the "Do Not Shovel" socks should be marketed worldwide. Instead fad, guaranteed.

2:36 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

And by "instead" I meant "instant." Yea, I teach English.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Olivier Blanchard said...

Excellent post, Andy. It sounds like we're on the same wavelength these days.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home