Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post-turkey recommendations

The Thanksgiving hangover has subsided.
To follow up on my post about my wonderful grandmother, here's a pre-meal picture of the two of us.

I'm writing from my post at La Prima Tazza, in Lawrence, enjoying a soy latte and a packed house of college students and locals. Current laptop count is 8, which leads me to recommendation #1 for the week: Inspiration. Find it. I'm inspired as I sit here, watching these students study, wondering where those studies will take them and what life has in store for them.

Recommendation #2: Josh Rouse. Check out his latest album, Nashville.

#3: Lori McKenna. I'm listening to The Kitchen Tapes right now, and it's amazing. Her cover of Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees is haunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home