The List - a return to blogging
To get the blogging juices flowing again, I offer two lists for the end of the week: one professional and one personal.
A few months have passed since I finished reading Blink, but I was reminded of its main points this week. A list on the power of first impressions and human connections:
1) I've been in two presentations this week in which the ability to connect on a human, honest level determined the success of the presentation.
2) An audience can tell within seconds whether the person presenting work believes in that work.
3) A sincere smile can be your strongest asset.
4) Trust your gut reaction. I spent an entire week being silently uncomfortable with a solution that has finally been roundly rejected. Complete waste of time.
5) E-mail dilutes, not improves communication.
Three things that have moved me this week:
1) Citizen Cope, and his concert at the Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS.
2) Plowing through "A Long Way Down" by Nick Hornby. Another satisfying read by Horny.
3) Filling a rainy week with the tunes of the Katie Todd Band.