Friday, August 26, 2005

The List - a return to blogging

I haven't posted in far too long. Not because I have no opinions on the latest news in the world of marketing communications, but because far too much has been going on in the world of Andy Woolard.

To get the blogging juices flowing again, I offer two lists for the end of the week: one professional and one personal.

A few months have passed since I finished reading Blink, but I was reminded of its main points this week. A list on the power of first impressions and human connections:
1) I've been in two presentations this week in which the ability to connect on a human, honest level determined the success of the presentation.
2) An audience can tell within seconds whether the person presenting work believes in that work.
3) A sincere smile can be your strongest asset.
4) Trust your gut reaction. I spent an entire week being silently uncomfortable with a solution that has finally been roundly rejected. Complete waste of time.
5) E-mail dilutes, not improves communication.

Three things that have moved me this week:
1) Citizen Cope, and his concert at the Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS.
2) Plowing through "A Long Way Down" by Nick Hornby. Another satisfying read by Horny.
3) Filling a rainy week with the tunes of the Katie Todd Band.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Lerro said...

So I am behind on my reading I see.

Interesting lists. Nice to see Citizen Cope make the list. Great show.

What's Blink? Sounds very interesting.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home