Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Describing more things as "dumb ass"

I love this post by Nick Wreden. He casts the dumb-ass label (which just isn't used enough in my opinion) on the book title The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding. I haven't read this book, but as Wreden states, claiming you have "immutable laws" when talking about branding is at face value, absurd. To Wreden's point - and common sense - branding needs and strategy not only change by the minute, but branding requires intimate and unique knowledge of a company's market, goals and products, none of which should ever be described as immutable.

Again, I haven't read the book, but unless these 22 rules each state "start from scratch" or "each situation is unique" I'm not sold. However the book pans out, this is a good reminder that a) we have a long way to go before branding and brands are understood by marketers and b) people should use "dumb ass" more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home