Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Chipotle chokes with Soulstice viral campaign

I don't like Chipotle. I do not eat there, and find the huge-burrito craze of old to be an artery-clogging annoyance. I was not shocked, but still put off this morning when I saw the Mexican McDonald's new viral campaign promoting a buy-one-get-one-free burrito deal.

Most people who have seen Burger King's Subservient Chicken and now-defunct Angus Diet sites will notice that Chipotle basically combined the two successful ideas to create their own hybrid copycat. Even worse, the site is just dumb.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I eat the tacos at Chipotle now and then, but that's often out of convenience (it's 100 feet away). It's not bad, and it has gotten a bad rap for the McMexican label. McDonald's did not found Chipotle but it did help take it national. Another thing I like about Chipotle is that they use a lot of fresh products and also use Niman Ranch organic free-range pork, and you know I'm all for free pigs.

http://www.nimanranch.com/

Check this out. A petition for a smaller burrito. http://www.petitiononline.com/chipfan1/

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home