Sunday, October 02, 2005

Recommendations to start the week

Here's what I'm ingesting.

Sounds
Gary Jules
My friend and respected DJ Caroline pointed out Gary's 2002 album, "Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets." It's amazing.




The Beautiful Girls
If you like Ben Harper, Jack Johnson and Simon without the Garfunkel, you'll like The Beautiful Girls.





Reads
I picked up The Lone Surfer of Montana, Kansas while in Chicago. Proved to be perfect selection of short stories for a delayed flight and weeknight. Written by Davy Rothbart, the founder of Found Magazine.






Toothpaste for Dinner. Funny. Offensive.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Ditto to the Gary Jules album Andy. And don't make comments about my Bud Select or my salad. We all know your thoughts on tossed salad just by looking at you. Great blog.

"I'll read with interest." - Andy Woolard

3:52 PM  
Blogger Esue said...

you may like "i wish someone was waiting for me somewhere" by anna gavalda...french author...great collection of short stories...witty, some end tragically...somehow it seems like your genre.

sorry i missed all the bday festivities...was out of town last weekend!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home