Friday, August 29, 2008

Helen Gold run/walk adds a 10K!



if you're looking for a good local KC race that helps fight an important cause, the Helen Gold race is Sept. 13. the race is helping to raise funds and awareness for Parkinson's Disease. i've run this race a few times and always had a great time - the best thing about this year's race is the new 10K option.

this time of year seems to be one that necessitates little bumps in one's running and training. we're about to hit fall races, summer runs are behind us, etc. i'm facing five 26-mile-plus events in the fall and winter and need some motivation and energy. i'll run this race as a way to jump start my competitiveness and get myself back in the step of events and races.

the other thing i love about this race is that the company I work for, Barkley, has been an amazing supporter both creatively and in spreading the word. not that we're not want for ways to socialize internally, but running and walking with your co-workers, for a great cause, sure is a good way to come together.

hit up the Web site to learn more and show up on the 13th.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy! I ran into Jeff Clinger at COR and he has mentioned you multiple times, and I saw you on his blogroll, so I hopped over here. I think we knew each other at Institute--what, ten years ago? Eleven? Oy. My maiden name was Yantis, incidentally.

Great site! I ended up in marketing as well. Anyway, just wanted to say hey!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, good site, good running and good health and emotions...

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home