Wednesday, September 20, 2006

An example of great customer service




I bought a pair of Mion sandals this weekend. They are incredibly comfortable technical sandals. I love them. Other than the fact that they squeak fiercely. As in, "I hear Andy coming...from a state away." This will not do. So, I e-mailed customer service last night:

--Original Message--
Date: 9/19/2006 7:41:01 PM
To: info@mionfootwear.com
Subject: These suckers squeak

I love my new Mions...I don’t, however, love the squeaking....any advice on breaking them in or ending this noise? I can’t wear them where I’d like to because of it.

Thanks.

a

Re-reading my e-mail to Mion, I laughed. "I can't wear them where I'd like to because of it." I wonder if they thought, "Oooh, I bet this guy lives in a monastery." Or maybe they think I'm a ninja.

Anyway, this morning I got the following e-mail:
On 9/20/06 11:22 AM, "MION Consumer Service" wrote:

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in Mion Footwear.

Your Mion Footwear is squeaking because two like-materials (EVA in the Footbed and EVA in the Midsole) are rubbing against each other. The squeaking will go away as the shoes break in. You can eliminate the squeak right away by putting powder under the footbed.

To learn more about Mion please visit our website at www.mionfootwear.com

If you have additional questions, please feel free to email us again.

Sincerely,

Gayle

Mion Customer Service

I love that. Thank you, Gayle. My questions are answered and you have a new brand ambassador.

3 Comments:

Blogger Olivier Blanchard said...

I ran into a Pedros' (bike tools) rep recently (his official title is "Love Tour Commander," by the way)and he was wearing a pair of those. I asked him if he liked them, and he said he LOVED them so much that it's all he wears now.

Good news for you, Andy: He'd had his for about a month and was 100% ninja-like.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Andy Woolard said...

I added some talcum powder to the insoles and they are squeak-free. And yeah, these things are so comfortable...and now ninja-certified.

www.realultimatepower.net!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Rica May Lobo said...

I truly agreed what katty said about customer service is the biggest thing in the business world. If you have a poor customer service at your business if could really affect your business a lot, your customers and even those potential customers of your business will be gone if you have a poor customer service.

BPO Services Philippines

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home