Monday, February 27, 2006

Photographic proof

Just received some marathon photos from the parentals. What a weekend. As I've said over and over again, I was blessed to spend three great days with my wonderful parents. That was the best part - the marathon was icing.

At the Expo.
Last-minute shopping at RunTex. I think I've spotted a new Woolard tagline. Dad's actually cold, he doesn't just look like that.

Pre race - the Woolard men wussed out and wore trash bags to keep warm. We're pretty sure mom is part crazy and just doesn't register 20 degree weather.

The finish - notice the ICE on the fountain.

This is one of the best pictures I've seen of me and my mother.

Nothing says "father-son bonding" like matching hats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Great blog. Thanks for including us. It WAS a wonderful weekend and I am thankful that we were able to share the fun, the pain, and the sense of accomplishment that comes with completing a race. We will all have the memories of your stellar first marathon forever. The picture of you and your dad crossing the finish line is a keeper! Way to Go!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was really cold in that one picture and really just about all of the others as well. Austin and ice still just don't mix.The trash bag look is the latest runner fashion. It was that or freezing rain. A thirty degree marathon is a tough marathon to run and then with the ice on top of that, look out! You did great and I know our stories will get bigger and better as the years go by. It was great to share your first marathon experience with you. The smiles are fantastic.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home