Great piece by Seth Godin
, via Ernie Mosteller
on how to tell a great story. My key thoughts after reading the piece, from a PR perspective:
- Marketing initiatives, announcements, egos and promotions don't make good stories.
- Effective stories match the worldview of a small audience.
- If you have to create a story, it's not going to be effective.
- You (marketers) must earn credibility to tell a story.
- Nothing you can do in telling your story will trump the fact that your audience is either ready to listen, or it's not.